I promised last week (here) to post a target table of content of this series of posts about performance benchmarks.
It is a quite long list of topics that I split in two main areas:
- Topics that are relevant for everyone in the organization, labeled “for the manager”,
- Topics that are of interest mostly for the technical people, labeled “for the operational people“
Below you find the candidate subjects that I believe are of general interest.
1) What is a performance benchmark
2) Types of technical benchmark
- The check mark benchmark
- The confirmation benchmark
- The industry standard benchmark
- The valuable benchmark
3) Organizational challenges to implement a valuable benchmark
- The IT architecture perspective
- The IT operations perspective
- The CFO perspective
- The CEO perspective
Next post will contain the list of technical subjects while the following ones will start to dig into each subject in the two lists in an orderly fashion.
As I wrote earlier: your feedback will be key in shaping how this will move forward. Feel free to comment here or to reach me directly.
Pingback: Performance benchmarks for the operational people | marcoullasci